What support can Renassist provide for patients trying to access Ferrlecit® (sodium ferric gluconate complex in sucrose injection)?
- Reimbursement support via prescription drug benefit verification
- Claims support
Does Renassist provide patient assistance program support for Ferrlecit?
No, there is no free drug program or patient assistance program for Ferrlecit.
Ferrlecit is an iron replacement product for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in adult patients and in patients age 6 years and older with chronic kidney disease receiving hemodialysis who are receiving supplemental epoetin therapy. Important Safety Information for Ferrlecit
Serious hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylactic-type reactions, some of which have been life-threatening and fatal, have been reported in patients receiving Ferrlecit (sodium ferric gluconate) in post marketing experience. Patients may present with shock, clinically significant hypotension, loss of consciousness, or collapse. Monitor patients for signs and symptoms of hypersensitivity during and after Ferrlecit administration for at least 30 minutes and until clinically stable following completion of the infusion. Only administer Ferrlecit when personnel and therapies are immediately available for the treatment of anaphylaxis and other hypersensitivity reactions.
- Ferrlecit is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to Ferrlecit.
- Ferrlecit may cause clinically significant hypotension. Administration of Ferrlecit may augment hypotension caused by dialysis and usually resolves within one to two hours.
- Monitor patients for sign and symptoms of hypotension during and following administration.
- Do not administer to patients with evidence of iron overload.
- Ferrlecit contains benzyl alcohol as a preservative. Benzyl alcohol has been associated with serious adverse events and death in pediatric patients. Caution should be exercised when Ferrlecit is administered to a pregnant or nursing woman.
- The most commonly reported adverse reactions (≥10%):
- In adult patients were nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea, injection site reaction, hypotension, cramps, hypertension, dizziness, dyspnea, chest pain, leg cramps and pain.
- In patients 6 to 15 years of age the most common adverse reactions (≥10%) were hypotension, headache, hypertension, tachycardia and vomiting.
Ferrlecit is a registered trademark of A. Nattermann & Cie. GmbH.
- T: 1-800-847-0069
- F: 1-877-363-6732
Email us at:
8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST